Well they came and are now gone...... and my heart aches a little with every goodbye. Green Thumbs( Ken and Eva) my parents were here for a visit. Every year they come and stay with us while Chris travels for some business stuff. I love these visits because I get some wonderful tutorials on gardening and all things home related. I call my parents Green Thumbs because I swear they have some magic touch and I think GREEN runs through their veins.. I swear this is true. Every flower seems to stop and salute when the Green Thumbs walk through the door. Their visit was wonderful. I had a rough week prior and was feeling a little blue. Both my head and heart were in need of love and support. Well a few days of spending time with these two gardening experts and I feel FANTASTIC! I love their visits. My mom makes some killer meals.... my dad coaches me on lawn stuff, and the boys have fun playing with Grandma CHA CHA and Papa Ken.. I also get to spend time with them bouncing various Life Topics by them to get their "take". As for the gardening, every year we have a planned project. This year it was to add some trees to my backyard. We added two Japanese Maples and one Saucer Magnolia which I had not heard of before... It was soooo much fun. Additional highlights from the visit, Moms Meals, Mom on her little micro laptop at midnight surfing the net and teaching me all the latest(she is over 60 so this amazes me), watching Slumdog Millionaire( it deserve the Oscar). And today I feel happy.. just plain ole HAPPY and JOYFUL. They brought with them sunshine and warmth and love and it was just what the doctor ordered! And they literally brought the Florida sun, every day was 80+. How I love a sunny beautiful day. Since we are on a super tight budget the flowers I bought and the trees are my Mother's Day 2009 presents. The little trees are so cute. Watching Mason and CJ stand next to them made me smile.....I hope the trees grow... maybe someday those trees will be strong, and beautiful and bend when they need to and stand firm when they need to.. just like I hope my boys will do...... I love my little trees and I adore..... absolutely adore my little boys ... my soon to be "men". My job today and always... "make these boys into loving, kind, humble yet secure, emotionally stable men.. who have a relationship with our creator".. "grow, little trees, grow"..... I promise to keep watering you! I got two of those topsy turvy tomato growers... let's see how they do.....

Paradise for Cha Cha,, beautiful day ,planting flowers and her boys

one of two japanese maples.....

flowers!

over 65 and doing this stuff with ease

I love my dad so much!

New tees from papa pa and
cha cha. VIVA PANAMA( where my dad is from)

On Friday we went to a piece of Havana near the house. New Cuban, I loved it. There was not a morsel on my plate. But mom's Spanish food is still the best by far!

In heaven they will serve
TRES LECHES CAKE.

Cuban coffee served in sweet little cups....
don't let the size fool you. It will knock your socks off!

We took a drive by the new
Berewick School.

knock out roses came back on their own this year

Boys played in the
sprinklers... it was 85 + all weekend


On Saturday, we went to the Children's Festival at Concord Mills.....the boys spent the entire time at (but of course) the Fossil Dig

And then we went inside( it was hot even for moi who loves it HOT!).. inside at the Concord Mills
play area.... my handsome dad and boys

Sunday after grands left we played outside for over 2 hours....sweet little boys.. sweet little trees
CJ asked me to take a picture of his
playdoh turtles , he made 4( each of us) and a caterpillar

I could stare at this face all darn day!

And at this face for the entire day too....... how I love these boys....

The boys love watering. They were laughing so hard. I loved hearing them laugh and play.

PS: and yes I got a new camera........ Just a quick shout out to my friend Nichole who read about my camera mayhem and gave me an extra that she had.... I tell you I am so lucky to meet such wonderful people and even better call many of them dear friends.
Nichole thank you. I just bought a new one because I really needed one. I will return yours back to you. Sending a huge virtual hug of thanks! Honestly I was a little overwhelmed by your wonderful act of kindness. So sweet! The world really needs more sweet people, good people, kind people.. probably now more than ever.
EDITED: A few people asked me to repost " MEET MY FRIEND JOHN" a letter about being positive..... please see
5 comments:
It is wonderful to see pictures back on your blog again. And no need to thank me, that's what friends are for :-) We'll miss you at the BBQ :-) Here is to a great week!!!
Great Pictures and I am glad you had a great visit with your parents. It is funny that they never stop trying to take care of us. I am sure we'll be the same way when our kids get older and have their own lives. No one ever really retires from parenthood. :)
I loved this blog, it was so positive and just made me smile. Thanks!!!
Your blog ALWAYS make me smile. Brian and I drove by your house this weekend just to see what was planted... since we knew your parents would be in town and that some planting had to be involved LOL. It looks fab! I loved all the photos! I miss you. lots. must spend some time together soon.
XOXO ~Amber
You had me at "my mom makes killer meals." I LOVE home cooking that doesn't involve me doing the cooking! And I'm currently obsessed with my yard/planting things, so (in addition to the fact that you too have a Mason) I will have to add your name alongside Amber's on my list of "People Who are Living Parallel Lives to Mine."
P.S. Cha Cha is the best grandma name I've ever heard!
Post a Comment