Dear CJ and Mason,
Mommy is 40 now and I wanted to tell you a little bit about what I know as a 40 year old:
at 40... you are who you are! I am a sappy.. pink loving/ a bit over the top/sensitive latina girl. I like me just as I am!
I hope to listen more than I talk. This is a hard one for this Rather Chatty EXTROVERT. But the people who really succeed in this world listen more than they talk. They get that everyone wants to be HEARD!
Life is really about the journey. I know its cliche.. but its about smelling the flowers, enjoying good family and friends....stopping to be present and just take it all in, crying, laughing etc etc...
Life is about finding your purpose and living it! It can be parenting or life coaching/counseling(big ones for me) or painting or taking pictures. Figure out what LIGHTs you Up from the inside and GO FOR IT!
Love God, yourself, and someone(s) else. Does not even have to be that order. But consider it.
Consider What would Jesus Do... you may not even believe in Jesus like I do... but if you think in the moments of truth about how he would act in any given situation... You will (I guarantee) always do the right thing.
PS: and have enough confidence to post hysterical pictures of yourself ( circa Duran Duran 1984)and know .... its OK!
I could go on here but I said this would be short. And the truth is I really do not know anything more than that! I still have a whole lot more living and learning to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Above are pictures of me a tweenage girl.. and below are some yummy pictures from Pink Inspired Bunco Party last week. The pictures of me as tween come from one of my BFFs back home on Long Island. Maria I loved my Birthday Collage. It was my absolute FAVE birthday gift. i love you and miss you so much sweet pea! And yes I really wore that outfit back in 1984 or so.... hugs and love Gieselle/Gigi/40 and FAB
Oh one more thing... My dear friend Marleney made my Birthday Cupcake Basket. It was to DIE FOR. She makes fab cakes. See her blog in my blog roll.. fun with Famborough Family. Get your order in today!


1 comment:
said it before and i'll say it again... if i'm as awesome at 40 as you are i will be very very happy!! can't wait to see how rockin' you are at 50!!! love ya!
Post a Comment