Monday, September 21, 2009

Life with CJ & Mason

Photobucket

Photobucket

<Photobucket
It has been awhile since I gave you an update on Life with my Boys and milestone stuff.



The boys are doing great. Both love their new classes(CJ is in PreK and Mason in the Two Year Old Class). CJ especially seems to love it. I suppose that is because he is older and more verbal right now than Mason, so he can say... "I love school and today we are learning about......". Mason is learning a lot though as well. He is putting together basic sentences and will say things like "I do that." Yep that is one he says often. Mason is at the age where he wants(and thinks) he can do everything! They fight a lot! But people also have commented on how they seem to really love each other. Miss Julie, CJs teacher says she has to tell CJ to "go play" at playground time. Their play areas are adjacent to one another so they enjoy meeting up at the fence and saying "Hi". CJ will stay the entire time right at the fence with Mason if you let him. So while I think Chris and I both feel that much of our days are spent refereeing.... I think somewhere in all of this they are starting to like and love each other. As I have written before.. this love is a slow growing love. Not something I would say "just happens" for brothers right off the bat(or any siblings- I think). But rather a slow simmer kind of love. I am banking on this relationship to grow. I know, and it is really hard to write this... but I know at 40 yrs old that one day I will be in HEAVEN(sipping a cocktail) and they will be here on Earth without Daddy and I. I want them to be there for one another, through thick and thin.



So Mason is saying a bunch of different things and CJ is practicing his letters. I have a goal to start working with him more on reading. I want him to be prepared when he gets to Kindergarten. I have written before that I just dig teaching these boys stuff. I really do. I am trying to go at their pace and follow their interests. I recently took a Career Assessment and my number one job: Director of some kind of CHILD CARE Place! I thought that was funny. While I love my kids.. not sure running a day care is the right fit for me or what makes my heart SING?!!!!! Actually I know just what makes my heart sing... God, my handsome husband,... my boys.. and LIVING with purpose! Oh and Anthropologie! HA HA HA

Live and love... live and love. You got one shot on this ride of life.... make it count!

With love, we Povs and Momma G

No comments: