Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Get Well Cha Cha - prayers requested for a fast recovery...







Happy week to everyone. I am lovin' the new blog format I can play with via blogspot. Very fun. What a week this has been..... my wonderful mom, Eva had surgery on Tuesday. She has had several months of pretty intense back pain. We recently learned that she has a broken bone in her lower back protruding into a nerve causing her the major pain. Her doctor felt she needed surgery asap to repair the bone and put it back in place.... so long story short she had surgery on Tuesday and is recovering.... right now...I know my mom will be fine soon! I have been thinking alot about her... she is my MOM role model. She has always wanted to be a homemaker and does it with such grace and love. She also taught me compassion.... my mom is the one who was always delivering food to the poor or delivering the sacrament of communion to those who can not make it to church. I remember sitting in her car after church after she did that. She would tell my sister Dawne and I stories about people who were bound to their beds... who could not walk or get out of bed... those stories (I think) taught me what compassion can look like.... long story short.. my mom is my idol... She is definetly one of the women and probably the number one woman I most admire! I also love and admire Miss Oprah... and honestly the young sweet Stephanie Nielsen is high on my list these days because I love her ability to be such a wonderful mother... I continue to pray for her too... ( see http://www.nieniedialogues.com/) for the latest...


So here's to you mom... and to a FAST recovery. My request is that if you read this you include Miss Eva( aka Grandma ChaCha in your prayers this week)..... she is doing fine and will be fine thank goodness.
As for what is new..... Mason is toddling all over the place....He loves art and loves eating crayons! CJ is doing fine... both are healthy and colds all gone! CJ has been enjoying our night time stories reading all the cool dinosaur books he got! He continues to like church school. This week he mentioned to me that God has lambs! too sweet....
Today I had the opportunity to attend something kinda cool at work. This am I attended via momcorps(see www.momcorps.com) a presentation by Kay Hagan. She is currently running for a position( US Senator). She explained her women's platform. I learned alot. While I do not find her Women's Platform perfect... ( I would like to see more related to Family Medical Leave and allowing women and men more time off that is paid). I do like her overall program and will vote for her.http://www.kayhagan.com/issues/women
One last thing, Chris and I had date night Monday Night.. thank you Grandma Dream. Grandma Dream was in town and offered to watch the boys. Fireproof is a new movie out starring Kirk Cameron( think Growing Pains). I loved it. Although the acting was less than fantastic( although I thought Kirk was great)... I really was interested in learning from the message of the movie. In the movie they referenced the Love Dare which is Christian based and talks about things to consider every day for 40 days to bond with your mate. While the movie was a Christian movie I think the message of loving your partner( whether married or partnered) and choosing every day to love and respect and cherish that person is a good one.
Good night... be well and here is to moments of JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


















No comments: