It is Friday today. I am soo glad it is. I am feeling a little weary today. I think the cold and the economy and all the uncertainty can get a little hard to manage. I have chatted with so many friends really struggling right now with a lot of different things. Through it all I know you will take care as you always do... and I know that if you close the door to something it is because you have something much better planned . I am grounded in knowing that you are the center of it all. But I am human and it can get a bit overwhelming sometimes...... but I am strong.. and you have given me such a good gift- a gift to see the silver lining that is called LIFE. I am blessed to have the ability to see the beauty in my boys... as they laugh and play and get into messes at my home... the beauty of the blessing that I have had the chance to work for such a WONDERFUL company as well as worked for two other great ones where I learned so much(about self awareness, diversity, personal life coaching.....etc. etc)! I know the beauty of being loved by my soulmate. And I know that I go this life with him at my side, holding my hand and saying " WE GO TOGETHER"( hey God that is a song from GREASE!)...... I have the blessings that at this very moment everyone in my family is healthy... my kids, we parents, all the grands, grand uncles etc etc.... the blessing of a new life coming.. in my baby niece or nephew.. Baby Fountain coming in June! So it is a tough time .....but I know there are lessons to be learned. Lessons about remembering what is most important.... in making life simpler, less greed.... There were fantastic moments this week as well. Barack Obama was sworn in as our 44th President. In him I see such hope. He is just a man I know(he is not you).... and I know he will make mistakes.. but I believe his heart is good and I think he will bring some positive change for our beloved country! As a Latina girl I am thrilled to see a man with brown skin as president. For me he represents a wonderful role model. If he can become great then all of us can! I find myself wanting to be a better person.. work harder.. serve more..... teach my boys more... be more like him.. but ultimately more like YOU! So I am feeling better now as I always do as we talk..... thanks for listening. Thanks for carrying me when I am a little tired and little weary.. but still very content and blessed and positive that I will continue to create a great life for myself and my family by serving you!
Your child... the lovely Gieselle( the not modest Gieselle.. had to make you all laugh at the end.. we can not be SOOOOO SERIOUS AFTER ALL)
And now for what makes my heart sing!!!!!!!!! Pictures of my precious angels! Well most moments I think that! LOL, LOl ..............................
Wed night was SLED in the House Night!
5 comments:
as much as i make you laugh, you always make me cry... IN A GOOD WAY!!!
thank you for being so eloquent. i too am feeling overwhelmed. it's nice to know i am not alone. with god and our families to ground us, we will all get through. thank you for reminding me of that.
love ya gigi!!
Gigi, I love your heart. You are such a beautiful sister mommy. What a blessing you are to everyone who is lucky enough to call you friend ((hugs)) :)
I love how you talk/write so candidly with God. I am the same way. Your message is great. You know, God never gives us anything we cannot handle. It is great to find His grace in all that He does and to appreciate it. And it says a lot about you, finding His grace and appreciating it in our tough times. :)
Thanks for the great post.
I need to hear that today.
love and Hugs Carainn
your post was nice to read. thanks for sharing it. I really love the pictures in the diaper box....where do Dads come up with this stuff??? My husband is always doing silly stuff like that with my Blakesters. We are lucky to have such fabulous men, young and not-so-young in our lives!
Post a Comment