Happy Friday everyone.... hope your well.
So as I thought about the title of this post I was not really sure what the heck to call it. As usual my mind is a swirl of all these different thoughts. Seriously this is how my brain works... I just move from thought to thought.. often unassociated. Is it mommy brain??????? This is my brain at any given moment..... "are the boys warm enough? Oh I have to type up that Needs Assessment for Work, oh I have to work on that Women's Resource Network thingy... oh... I love that (insert).. cute blouse/craft/ pretty thing....... how can I make that into a Momprenaur Business? How am I feeling right now? What words would I use to describe it? What is my purpose? Am I living it? Am I authentic? Do we have enough money to make it through this recession?What can we do for others less fortunate.. and so on and so on...
So for this Fantabulous Friday here is what is on my mind:
1. Are you taking care of yourself? Seriously one of my goals this year is to put me at the top of my list and not feel guilty. I am doing pretty well. I enjoy my warm baths... my inspirational books and yoga. I am OK saying to the boys... "Mommy needs a few quiet minutes to just sit". Today on Good Morning America, Dr. Oz said one of the best gifts we can give our kids is to demonstrate someone who takes care of themselves. As I think about this I think it is really important. I want my boys to be good men but I do not want them to be DOOR MATS. I want them to love God(well I would like them to love God but they will have to decide) and love themselves. So I was reminded today to show them that I am comfortable with putting ME at the TOP of MY List...... Hope your doing something that you love just for YOU!
2. Marriage is on my mind. I also think a great thing we can give our children is the demonstration of a good marriage or partnered relationship. I have heard Dr. Phil say time and time again.. the best thing a husband and wife can give their kids is an example of what a loving relationship looks like. I really agree. For the first few years I was a mom I thought being a mom was primary. But as of late my thinking has changed. I really think your marriage may need even more focus than your parenting...... Because I am a Life Coach in training and because of the HR/ Learning and Development Work I do at Wachovia/Wells.. I know a fair amount of of Life Coaches and I get coached ALOT( usually for free and sometimes whether I want to be coached or not.. LOL)..... Anyway.. here are some tools that have been shared with me and I of course am sharing with Chris. ( I think I drive him crazy but because he loves me he will usually go along with it) Laughing.... but seriously I think these tools are great:
Tool 1: The Five Love Languages... http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/
Basically there are five ways that people like to be loved or love others. Once you find the way you love and like to be loved and your significant other's same areas then you can discuss and be intentional about how you love and need to loved. My friend Kim M introduced me to this several years ago and I was just reminded recently of it.
Tool 2: See the movie Fireproof. Chris and I saw this last year. Note it is a Christian Movie and we had never been to a Christian Flick Before. It may not be for everyone but once I got pass some of the not so great acting( acting kinda sucked( KIRK CAMERON WAS GREAT .. but I have to support KIRK). But some of the other actors " NOT SO HOT". Anyway, I loved the movie and the reminder about love and loving and how it is a choice we make every day and is not often easy.
Tool 3: Or take part in the Love Dare. The Love Dare is a big tool woven throughout the movie Fireproof. I really do not want to push my faith onto others so let me say again it is Christian based but I really think there are lessons for any married or partnered couple. The basis is that for 40 days you do these various acts of love to show your love and appreciation for one another. Chris and I started today.. so I will have to let you know what it is like or how it goes..... along with each dare there is an accompanying Bible Reading. Since I have energy around learning the bible I will read that piece but I do not think everyone has to. So I think it can be applied to anyone.... to see the dare. see http://www.familylife.com/site/c.dnJHKLNnFoG/b.4845189/k.F3D8/Love_Dare/apps/nl/newsletter2.asp
And of course let me share an update on my boys....
CJ was able to view some pictures this week of his classmate Daniela who is in Peru. Daniela goes to Peru every winter to avoid getting serious colds. Her grands liver there. Cj really likes Daniela and misses her. So it was great to share the pictures. It was also cool to see the wonderful Peruvian Culture all the sights and some yummy food pictures. We are also working on Letter Recognition. Specifically we are working with Cj on the shapes and sounds each letter makes. I really am enjoying the educational piece of raising children much more than I thought I would. CJ still loves Dinosaurs. And he really enjoys hearing mommy stutter and stammer as I try to pronounce the names of these suckers. I actually laugh too. Our night time reading goes like this " OK CJ pick a DIno Flash Card.. and he will pick one and then I say OK this is.... AH,, ummmmmm this is ARKKKKKKKKKK-EEEEEEEEE OP- TER IX.. yeah that is right ARCHAEOPTERYX". WE look at eachother and just HOWL!!!!!
Mason turned 18 months on Thursday. He is saying "CJ" pretty clearly now as well as some other words. Mason loves art. In fact the only way I am able to type right now is because they are both enjoying some coloring. I see very green fingers so my time is short!
And then of course we had Family Fun Nights this week. Chris was lead facilitator. The first was... jump on every seat cushion we have night. And last night Chris made the Pancake Batter with the boys so it is made this am. Take a peek at my beloved boys....... enjoy your weekend. I would love any tips you have on building a great marriage/ partnership.. Love each other, love yourself and love what every version of DIVINE you believe in. Hugs and Love G
pics below:
CJ doing a couch dive...
No comments:
Post a Comment