Hey all my dear blog reading friends... I hope this Friday finds you doing well. I am glad it is Friday. Been a good week and I am right this moment feeling...... content and rather excited about the opportunities life brings...simply put I have a lot of different things in the hopper right now....
The List:
- I think I may branch off and create a Mommy Life Coaching Blog. I really love sharing what helps me stay sane.. be reasonably SANE... etc etc and I am noticing that this amazing group of Steele Creek/Berewick Mommies I have come to know and love also share some FANTABULOUS tools with me.. and I want the world to see all this cool stuff. So thinking about either a blog or a website. The other piece is I want to launch an aspect of my MomCoaching business and this will help me with that as well. I want to keep this blog as my Family Journal and an ODE to my beloved boys..... the father above..... (my love)Chris and my little men.. CJ & May May.....
- At work the Women's Resource Group I am a part of is working on some really cool stuff that energizes me. I lead a subteam and love it. We are looking at some fun networking/ career development stuff. LOVE it, love it. I recently attended the NC WOMENS Conference and heard Susan Taylor( former Essence Mag Editor) speak and she spoke of how it is time for WOMEN to take the POWER and LEAD I agree. We have the balance of head and heart and common sense to help put this country and our world back together...... I am ready to be involved! Forgive me if I wrote all this in another entry.. just reinspired......
- thinking of the Love Dare......Chris and I are both kind of getting into this Love Dare. We do our "lesson" every day. Remember there are 40 days of love challenges. I personally love this assignment because EVERY DAY we have a few minutes of connection. Chris has been fantastic. He really makes me smile as he presents his list of what I love about you... or what annoys me list for the day...... Just like my Chris he approaches these activities with thoughtfulness and organization. Chris will have a perfect written out list and me... off the cuff or written on a crumbled up napkin(remember he is the organized one and moi... I have other gifts.......)
- see the love dare to be reminded about this.. great for couples and all partnered folks.... On Day two or three we had to buy a token for our partner. Chris bought me two dozen roses( it was right around Valentines Day) and I bought him.............
Hot Tamales( he loves them)......It reminded me of the Gift of the Magi if you are familiar with that beautiful story....
- Bible Study - looking forward to launching a series with some neighbors. All that is going on in the world has really led me to want to get closer to God. I find it interesting to read of jealousy and greed and hatred..... all the stuff we deal with today. I am not a "follow the Bible Word for Word( if you are that is really cool for you so do not be offended)"... but I am very excited to learn more and apply to my life as a women, wife, mom..... Anyway we meet tomorrow am and I look forward to just a few minutes of praying.... I find it hard these days to just be still and quiet if just for 2-5 minutes.... and I love and live for deeper connections with myself and others. But please do not interpret that as does not like to have fun.. I love to have a great time and laugh and have some cocktails just as much as I love to get deep!
- My boys.....Mason says "Uppy" to be picked up or get up on the couch. CJ ate a piece of brocoli in school this week, which is a very big FEAT in our house! Thank you to his teachers. I am buying a pound of it to feed him intravenously and try and pump those veggies in...... I am determined to keep asking.. and asking him to try Thank You bites... of different good for you things...... He will be a 50 year old man and his elderly mommy( I will be 85) will be asking him to take a THANK YOU BITE.
- Cathecist of the Good Shepard.... I am watching two videos on this Montessori style approach to teaching Faith Formation. Love it... the videos are old but the message about respect for children and for allowing them to come to faith in their own experiential way is very cool.......
- Wife Swap.... I can not stop thinking about this wife swap show I saw recently. There is a show with the "Fowlers" on it..... The Fowlers looked like such a cool family.. into enviromentalism,, education,,, life coaching and life purpose stuff.... but as the show went on the husband was really very hurtful to his "adopted" wife.... it was hard to watch..... and I think it gave a bad name to many of the things/ideals..I really think are wonderful and important.... I literally could not believe what I was hearing and watching.. to tell you the truth... I guess that is why the show is interesting. It is rather fun to peer into a family's life... Every family has a style.... I see it all the time.... nutrition, sports, green, education, faith....... success, organized/ not organized.. routine/ no routine.......spank/no spank.......breastfeed/no breastfeed.... traditional schools/ untraditional/homeschool... WOW... and I find it all soooo interesting... and I often think there really is not one best way to be a family... ( well I have ideas of course for my FAMILY but that is MY FAMILY....lol).... I try not to judge but the truth is we all do .. we all have that moment in our head when we think.. " OH NO SHE DIDN'T???????"..... I am learning to see that moment and kind of inner smile and let it go........
here is a link to see some of it yourself.... again makes me sad.. i really think the San Fran Mom is pretty cool..( but I am into all of that lifepurpose stuff that I have heard others call WOO WOO)
So that is the update for right now....... I am heading to try and do a quick 10 minutes of yoga before my boys come running in and it's love and hug and FOOD FRIDAY FEST........
No comments:
Post a Comment