Click on the play button to the right. New Moon Gadget.. beautiful song, Anya Marina.. Satellite Heart. Love it!
I have not wanted to blog... not really sure what that is about.. but you know me, I have to have an answer.. so I will sit with this and analyze it like I do with everything related to people and behavior. My great love: studying myself and others... figuring out what makes them tick and why they do what they do... my other passion and obsession... CLOTHING/shoes/ accessories ha ha he he he...
I continue to go through a rather Transformational Period in my life. It is good and a little wild to experience. I went from working for 17 years every day at a super fast pace... to being home.. creating my next chapter. I am 100% confident in myself but it is still a very interesting and sometimes odd transformation. I am trying to make good decisions(as I consider what is next). I am a Mom before a Career Person so the balance of that can be tricky.
I have a super cool adventure this week. I am going to teach a two day Leadership Development Program at Tiaa-Cref. I am not an employee and this is a Contract Assignment, which I think is kind of cool. I really enjoy and am honored to have the chance to work with people and help them uncover themselves and become leaders of their lives. This kind of work lights me up from the inside out: facilitation of learning for groups of people, understanding who you are, becoming a Leader of Self, personal coaching. I am really looking forward to it.
The boys are good these days. They spend the days(when not at school) fighting over things and then making up. We have done a lot of different fun things since I am home more: a Corn Maze, playdates with various neighbors, a Scavenger Hunt, trips to the Pumpkin Patch and our usual crayola inspired art projects.
I am also starting to run a "little". My goal is to run three times a week. I am doing a walk-run right now. Very close to being able to run a mile. WOOO WHOO. My goal is to run a 5k next year. There is something about walking and running.. plugged into very good music.. that I find very cathartic! Reading Midnight Sun which is the unfinished manuscript by Stephenie Myers of Twilight Saga. I adore this lady. She is an incredible writer... and just as good at picking music as she is at writing. I spend some evenings just sitting and listening to her playlists. They are soo good. I told my Career Coach(I get one via Wachovia), that I find myself listening to a lot of music at night when the boys are asleep. She asked me if I like music. I thought for a moment and had to smile... anyone who knows me well knows I pretty much live for music(aside from my fam of course). While I may seem very extroverted - I really am not as much as you may think. I actually love to be alone. and I love to sit and listen to music and think......it helps me to reconcile the emotions. I am listening to some fun stuff right now.. a little Jay Z( Empire Song.. New York), a lot of Paramore, Evanescense, Twilight Soundtrack, New Moon Soundtrack via internet, the Fray, ColdPlay and some "old" stuff.
Below are a hodge podge of pictures that I have wanted to share. Now I am gGoing to get cozy in my fave place here in the Pov Nest... my lovely bed...... night night Make the week count and find time to be joyful!!!!!!! I know - it may seem hard but I promise joy is out there: in the fall leaves, your children's smile, a great song,.a great book, a cup of cocoa, a smell of hot cider, warm pjs, uggs or ugg wannabees...., a fleece blanket, dancing to music on Nick Jr... kissing ANYONE, hugging, laughing, hanging with girlfriends, hanging alone listening to your fave music, Christmas Music, Christmas decorations, holiday party invites, New Moon Movie Premier, mittens, cute wool hats, church, singing in church, anything to do with Adam Sandler, pumpkins, pumpkin pie, Marleney talking about Coconut Flan( can you imagine?), chocolate....SLEEP.. lovely precious...Sleep.....
with love to you all and a big virtual hug, Gigi

1 comment:
Great post G! I too have been having trouble wanting to blog, getting caught up as we speak. If my perceptive side is in tune with you...I sense you are not extroverted at all but rather a gentle being who is happy, peaceful, and a creature of habit ;-) That's why we love you!!! Keep your faith, God has a wonderful plan for you :-)
Post a Comment