Happy Friday.... I have recently had a few people comment and say " Gigi do you ever get mad? I can not imagine you getting mad." I laugh at that and I think my husband would too. Of course I do. I get mad, sad, pissed off, hurt, depressed etc.... For the most part my thing is I don't hang out there too long. I would rather enjoy life and the ride of life. I have been called a Pollyanna and you know what I LOVE IT. I choose to think I am a Realistic Optimist. Anyway, it is journaling like this and exercises in Gratitude that allow me to move into a grateful place. So that is why I love to write about being Thankful. Today I woke up Cranky... I did not sleep great... Mason did not sleep all that great. So sitting here right now and writing about what I am thankful for allows me to shift to my joyful and grateful place! So my list for this week:
I am thankful and grateful
1. for my healthy children who can voice their needs through speech or crying.........
2. for a husband who knows when " I HAVE HAD ENOUGH" and knows to give me space by saying " G, go walk through ANTHROPOLOGIE for awhile" by yourself......
3. For beautiful stores like Anthropologie where I can go and loose myself in the beauty and comfort and just browse without necessarily buying anything. Cute Clothes and Home Stuff is a great combination! and Anthro is my dream place!
4. For silliness... for the times we dance, and laugh around Our Poveromo Nest. Especially to the the tune of GO DIEGO GO.......
5. For the great mentors I have via work.. Who teach me to be true to myself above everything!
6. For herbal tea... I love a kettle that is boiling and the smell of a sweet Raspberry Tea. I love pouring it into a pretty teacup and enjoying it.
7. For a fireplace.. even my faux one which I am going to enjoy today before my toddler gets home!
8. For the ability to take a long deep breath in and RELAX...............................
9. For play dates with neighborhood friends... and the chance to spend time with Mom friends and let our kiddies play.
10. For this moment right now....this breath I am taking.....and the beauty of this moment right NOW. Happy weekend. What are you thankful about this week? Would love to hear.
And this week in pictures Fall 2008 School Pic of my boys, CJ and Mason
1 comment:
I love your theme of gratitude. I may have to make it contageous on my blog. Hope you don't mind me borrowing the idea. I think, regardless of the situations around us, we all have a lot to be thankful for. Thanks, Gigi!
Post a Comment