Friday, November 21, 2008

Attitude of Gratitude - Friday, November 21st

I am so glad it is Friday. The cold weather requires a lot more morning preparation to get we Poveromos out the door in the morning and I welcome a morning where we can all just relax and cuddle! As customary this November here is my weekly Attitude of Gratitude List:

1. I am thankful for difficult people. I am not a difficult person. I like to get along. I will stand my ground if someone I love is being wronged but I usually look for WIN/WIN. Difficult People teach me to view life differently and to realize that MANY people in this world see things very different than I do. They often teach me a lot about them but so much more about myself!

2. I am thankful for heat. It has been really cold here in Charlotte(evenings in the 20s). That is just about as cold as it gets here. Watching the news and seeing homeless people sleeping on the street in this cold makes me sad.

3. I am thankful for hugs from my boys. CJ just walked over and hugged me.

4. I am thankful for hot baths. I love them. I love sitting in them with a magazine or book and just getting lost for a while, with candles lit. I know they use a lot of water so I do not enjoy them as much as I use to...( please note I shower instead.. lol)

5. I am thankful for the little bible book entitled Our Daily Bread. It offers great little bible stories and life stories to emphasize a point. I love this little book and it allows me to study the lord's word if only briefly ... every day. http://www.rbc.org/odb/odb.shtml

6. I am thankful for miracles...... read this: http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/2008/11/20/20081120mr-stephanie1120.html

7. I am thankful for working with so many people who are actually friends too! People who are more than just a project but who bring wonderful life experience to work.. and are often kind enough to share that with me.

8. I am thankful for emails I get at work every once in awhile from someone thanking me for something or some service I have offered that has helped them.

9. I am thankful to Auntie Lori( if you read this) and your friend Michelle for all the great little boy clothes you have given us. Every week is exciting because we have some great clothes to wear for the FIRST TIME. We love all the clothes.....

10. I am thankful for our digital camera which allows me to capture moments that to some may seem ordinary, boring, etc but to me ARE MAGICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Below a few..... this week we had a few Family Fun Moments.... the first pictures are from Family Fun Hat Night.... Daddy had us all put on funny hats... Note Daddy did not want to be photographed. The other pictures are from Family Dance Time. I put on some Christmas Music and the boys and I got our groove on..... stay warm.. and be blessed. I would love to hear what you are thankful for this week.... feel free to comment below or to: gigi.pov@hotmail.com



This is my favorite hat! And it is over ten years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes that is a faux feather!
Another of my hats. Looks good on CJ..
Christmas Dance off........



Mason loves to wear this hat inside too!

2 comments:

Therese said...

Love the Hats!! It can make the day special.

Varna said...

Hats are adorable on the boys! Thank you for posting the article on Stephanie- I follow her blog but hadn't seen the latest. Wow, certainly a miracle.